Travelling for business or pleasure? Going on a solo adventure or taking a holiday with kids or pets? Consult this essential checklist and work through everything you need for a stress-free trip.
- Passport - check that your passport is valid and isn’t going to expire within 6 months of your planned return to your province or territory of residence
- Ticket and Boarding Pass (or E-versions of these documents on your smartphone)
- Visas and other government documents providing you with access to the country you are visiting
- Your travel insurance policy and confirmation of coverage, including phone numbers for emergency travel assistance
- Cash, travellers’ cheques, and banking card
Keep these items with you at all times, and don’t place them at the bottom of any luggage that you might get separated from.
- Check one last time for any official government advisories for the destination to which you are travelling and pay attention to any warnings. If a travel advisory has been issued for your destination, contact Allianz Global Assistance immediately.
- Confirm that you have all your important documents and papers (see above)
- Share your travel plans with family and trusted friends. Give them a copy of each of:
- Your trip itinerary, including tour operator or carrier information such as flight number departure and arrival information
- Your travel insurance policy
- Your passport information and photo
- Any other documentation that might assist with validating and identifying you in the event of identify fraud.
Safe travels and bon voyage!