We’re sorry if an unfortunate event occurred during your travels. However, the silver lining is that we are here to help you make the claims process as simple as possible.
If you require treatment while travelling due to a medical emergency, please call Allianz Global Assistance prior to seeking treatment whenever possible.
In a serious medical emergency, get to a hospital and have a family member or friend call on your behalf once you’re at the facility.
Allianz Global Assistance can be reached toll free within North America at 1-844-310-1578. If you are outside North America, please call us collect at 1-519-514-0355. International operator assistance may be required for collect calls, so please confirm how to call collect to Canada from your destination before leaving.
Our emergency assistance team is available 24 hours, 7 days a week and 365 days a year to help:
- Provide referrals to qualified medical providers in your area
- Facilitate direct bill payment with your medical provider where possible, so you can avoid costly out-of-pocket expenses
- Knowledgeably and efficiently navigate the healthcare system in the region you’re visiting
- Address questionable, non-emergency, unnecessary, and potentially costly local hospital practices that you may encounter
- Plan and coordinate arrangements to help ensure your safe return home
- Coordinate with the Canadian embassy or consulate if necessary
Please have your policy number handy when contacting us. Your policy number can be found on the Confirmation of Coverage that was sent to you at time of purchase.
Once your claim is opened, you will be sent a claim form to complete. Once received and completed, send in your claim form with your supporting, required documents so your claim can be processed.