The Covered Reasons for trip cancellation are a specific list of certain unforeseen events that, when they occur, may mean you are eligible to make a claim if you have to cancel, delay or interrupt your trip. The complete list and descriptions of covered reasons are provided in your travel insurance policy certificate. Make sure to read and understand them. Here are some examples:
- The unexpected death, illness, or injury of you and/or a family member
- Being unable to participate in a sporting event due to a medical condition when the purpose of the trip was participation in that sport
- Unforeseen natural disasters at home or at the destination
- A legal obligation, such as being called for jury duty or subpoenaed as a witness
- Being called to service in case of reservists, active military, police, essential medical and fire personnel
- Unforeseeable, involuntary termination from your permanent employment without just cause
If you have questions, call us at 1-844-310-1578 and our travel insurance experts will walk you through the plan coverage, and explain your benefits.