Los Angeles, commonly called the City of Angels, is a popular destination south of the border among Canadians. From sunny weather and famous beaches to iconic landmarks and a plethora of things to do and see, this vibrant and world-class destination has something for all tastes.
We have prepared this ultimate Los Angeles travel guide designed to help travellers best plan their trip. It covers everything from must-see attractions and hidden gems to suggestions for places to stay and eat. With our recommendations, you will certainly make the most of your trip to Los Angeles.
- Hollywood – Considered one of the best areas to stay in LA due to its security and location. Because it is equally distant from all major attractions and is well served by public transport, the area is ideal for those without a car. Some of the top-rated hotels in this area are Hollywood Celebrity Hotel, Adler a Hollywood Hotel, and Godfrey Hollywood Hotel.
- Venice Beach – Being increasingly popular among travellers who want to stay in a tourist area in LA, Venice Beach offers lodging at prices that are usually lower than those in Santa Monica, which is north of LA's coastline. Great top-rated hotels options in this neighbourhood are Venice on the Beach Hotel, Jolly Roger Hotel, and Vitorrja.
- Los Feliz – This is an ideal area for walking around and taking a break from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. Besides several museums in and around this area, this is where you'll also find the famous Griffith Park and get breathtaking views of Hollywood. If you want to stay in Los Feliz, Cara Hotel, The Rosemary, and the Silver Lake Pool & Inn are great choices.
- West Hollywood – In addition to being home to many attractions, several famous people live here. West Hollywood Park is an excellent choice for places to stay locally as it is one of the busiest and safest places in the city. Top-rated hotels in this area include BLVD Hotel & Spa and Tilt Hotel.
- Downtown – Considered a business district, downtown Los Angeles may be the best choice for business travellers. It's one of the most convenient places to sleep in town because everything is within reach. The area is also home to top hotels such as The Metric, The Hoxton and Hotel Per La.
Ready to head to the iconic City of Angels? Don’t forget your travel insurance! There’s a plan for every budget and every traveller. See your plans options here.
Travel insurance is underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member of The Co-operators group of companies and administered by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. and AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd.