- Policyholders with a Medical Plan, Medical + Cancellation Plan, or Annual Medical Plan who contract COVID-19 at their destination will not be eligible for emergency medical treatment if a Global Affairs Canada travel advisory related to COVID-19 is in place on their departure date, that advises against non-essential travel (Level 3) or all travel (Level 4) for their destination.
- Further to the clarification above, on March 13, 2020, Global Affairs Canada issued a global travel advisory against non-essential international travel due to COVID-19. If a Global Affairs Canada travel advisory is no longer in place for a policyholder’s specific destination on their date of departure, the policyholder will be eligible for medical treatment related to COVID-19 while on their trip.
New COVID-19 Insurance and Assistance Plan Now Available: Allianz Global Assistance now offers a COVID-19 Insurance and Assistance Plan. If you test positive for COVID-19 during your trip, this plan covers expenses arising from circumstances related solely to COVID-19.
Features and benefits include:
- Up to $1,000,000 in coverage for medical and hospital costs
- Expenses if you are placed in individual quarantine during your trip due to a positive COVID-19 test result received while on your trip
- May be purchased up to 240 days in advance of departure
- Ideal supplement to out-of-country medical plans that limit coverage related to COVID-19
- No medical questionnaire required
- No policy deductible
- Policy must be purchased prior to departure
The COVID-19 Insurance and Assistance Plan is an ideal supplement to our Medical, Medical + Cancellation and Annual Medical Plans.
The COVID-19 Insurance and Assistance Plan can be purchased by calling Allianz Global Assistance in Canada at 1-844-310-1578 (this plan is not available for purchase online).